Triple-Catch Seafood Appetizer
- Makes: 6 servings
- Prep 1 hr
- Bake 15 mins
fresh or frozen sea scallops, thawed
shredded baby Swiss cheese or Swiss cheese
cooked shrimp, chopped (1/3 cup)
cooked crabmeat, chopped (1/3 cup)
17 1/4 -
frozen puff pastry sheets (1 sheet), thawed
egg yolk, beaten
Roasted Red Sweet Pepper Sauce (see recipe below)
- Rinse scallops and pat dry. In a skillet or saucepan fitted with a steamer basket, cook scallops over boiling water for 2 to 3 minutes or until opaque. Remove scallops from skillet or saucepan. Cool until easy to handle and chop. Combine with cheese, shrimp, and crabmeat.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll pastry sheet to a 14-1/4x9-1/2-inch rectangle. Cut into six 4-3/4-inch squares.
- Spoon seafood mixture down centers of squares to within 1/2 inch of ends. Fold two sides of each square in half over filling to form a rectangle. Seal ends and seams well.
- Place seam side down on an ungreased baking sheet. Brush with egg yolk. Bake in a 400 degree F oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven.
- Ladle Roasted Red Sweet Pepper Sauce onto each of 6 small plates. Place a pastry on each. Makes 6 servings.
Roasted Red Sweet Pepper Sauce
large red sweet pepper
crushed dried thyme
Dash ground red pepper
- 1 1/2
chicken stock or broth
- Halve red sweet pepper; remove and discard stem, seeds, and membranes. Cut each pepper half in half again. Place pepper quarters, cut sides down, on a foil-lined baking sheet. Bake in a 425 degree F oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until pepper skins are blistered and dark. Immediately wrap pepper pieces in foil or place in a clean paper bag. Seal foil or close bag and let stand about 30 minutes to steam so the skins peel more easily. Remove pepper pieces from bag; peel and discard skin. Chop pepper. In a medium saucepan, cook the chopped sweet pepper, garlic, thyme, and ground red pepper in cooking oil for 1 minute. In a small bowl, stir melted butter and flour together until smooth. Add to mixture in saucepan. Cook and stir for 3 to 4 minutes or until light brown. Add chicken stock or broth and whipping cream. Stir until smooth. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir 2 minutes more. Remove sauce from heat and cool slightly. Pour into a blender container or food processor bowl. Blend or process until smooth. Return sauce to pan and heat through. Makes about 2-1/2 cups.
(Triple-Catch Seafood Appetizer)Servings Per Recipe 6, Fat, total (g) 37, chol. (mg) 138, carb. (g) 24, cal. (kcal) 508, fiber (g) 1, sodium (mg) 744