Chicken Teriyaki Sandwiches
- Yield: 4 sandwiches
- Prep 15 mins
- Marinate 3 hrs
- Broil 10 mins
skinless boneless chicken breast halves (12 ounces total)
grated fresh ginger
reduced-calorie mayonnaise or salad dressing
Basil Vinegar (see recipe below) or garlic wine vinegar
whole wheat buns, split and warmed, or 8 toasted French bread slices
Bibb or Boston lettuce leaves
Thinly sliced onion
Thinly sliced tomato
- Place chicken in a shallow dish.
- Combine soy sauce, sherry, honey, ginger, and garlic. Pour over chicken, turning to coat. Cover and marinate for at least 3 hours or up to 5 hours, turning occasionally.
- Drain chicken, discarding marinade. Place the chicken on the unheated rack of a broiler pan. Place chicken on pan under broiler 4 to 5 inches from heat. Broil 10 to 12 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink, turning once.
- Meanwhile, combine the mayonnaise and the Basil Vinegar.
- To assemble the sandwiches, spread the mayonnaise mixture on warmed buns. Fill with lettuce, then chicken, onion, and tomato. Garnish with pickles. Makes 4 sandwiches.
white vinegar or white wine vinegar
- In a non-metal container, place white vinegar or white wine vinegar and fresh basil. Cover and let stand in a cool, dark place for 24 hours.
(Chicken Teriyaki Sandwiches)carb. (g) 29, Fat, total (g) 6, chol. (mg) 47, sat. fat (g) 1, fiber (g) 3, sodium (mg) 831, cal. (kcal) 251, pro. (g) 21