Very Berry Pie
- Makes: 8 servings
- Prep 25 mins
- Bake 50 mins
Pastry for Double-Crust Pie (see recipe below)
total fresh or frozen strawberries, raspberries, and blueberries*
butter or margarine
- Prepare pastry and divide in half. On a lightly floured surface, roll out one portion to fit a 9-inch pie plate. Ease into pie plate; trim even with edge.
- Cut up any large strawberries. In a mixing bowl, stir together the sugar and flour; add berries and lemon juice, tossing berries to coat.
- Transfer to crust-lined pie plate.
- Dot berries with butter.
- Roll out remaining dough to a 12-inch circle. Cut slits in crust. Place top on filling. Trim crust 1/2-inch beyond edge of plate.
- Fold top crust under bottom pastry. Seal and crimp edge. Place pie on baking sheet to catch any drips.
- Bake in a 375 degree F oven 50 minutes or until done; cool. Makes 8 servings.
- * If you use frozen berries, toss them with the sugar and flour; let stand for 45 minutes to partially thaw. Stir, then transfer them to the pie shell.
Pastry for Double-Crust Pie
- 6 - 7
- In a mixing bowl, stir together flour and salt. Using a pastry blender, cut in shortening until pieces are pea-size. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of the water over part of the mixture; gently toss with a fork. Push moistened dough to the side of the bowl. Repeat moistening dough, using 1 tablespoon of the water at a time, until all the dough is moistened. Divide dough in half. Form each half into a ball.
(Very Berry Pie)Servings Per Recipe 8, chol. (mg) 4, Riboflavin (mg) 0, sat. fat (g) 5, Niacin (mg) 2, Monounsaturated fat (g) 8, cal. (kcal) 430, calcium (mg) 20, pro. (g) 4, vit. A (IU) 97, iron (mg) 2, carb. (g) 61, vit. C (mg) 30, Fat, total (g) 19, Thiamin (mg) 0, Polyunsaturated fat (g) 5, Folate (µg) 32, fiber (g) 4, sugar (g) 30, sodium (mg) 236, Potassium (mg) 158, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg) 0