- Makes: 10 to 12 servings
- Prep 40 mins
- Cool 3 hrs
Orange marmalade and liqueur make a sinfully rich citrus filling for this pretty dessert tart.
recipe Almond Crust (see recipe below)
semisweet chocolate, chopped, or one 6-ounce package semisweet chocolate pieces (1 cup)
Grand Marnier, other orange liqueur, or brandy (optional)
- Prepare the Almond Crust and set aside.
- For filling, in a small saucepan, heat whipping cream to simmering. Remove from heat; whisk in semisweet chocolate until smooth. Whisk in Grand Marnier or other liqueur, if you like. Cool until filling begins to thicken, but is still pourable, about 30 minutes.
- Spread marmalade over bottom of cooled crust. Pour the chocolate filling over marmalade. Cover; chill for about 20 minutes or until filling isn't quite set.
- Using a vegetable peeler, shave the white chocolate and sprinkle over the tart. Cover and chill for about 2 hours or until filling is firm. Makes 10 to 12 servings.
Make Ahead Tip
- Prepare tart up to 24 hours ahead. Cover and refrigerate.
- 1 1/2
toasted blanched almonds
packed brown sugar
unsalted butter or regular butter, melted
- Combine almonds and brown sugar. In a food processor bowl or blender container, process or blend, a portion at a time, until nuts are finely ground. Transfer to mixing bowl. Stir in flour. Add melted butter, stirring until well combined. Press mixture onto bottom and 1 inch up sides of a 9-inch tart pan with removable bottom, or a 9-inch springform pan. Bake in a 325 degree F oven about 20 minutes or until golden and firm to the touch. Cool on a wire rack.
(Chocolate-Orange Tart)Servings Per Recipe 10, cal. (kcal) 286, carb. (g) 25, Fat, total (g) 21, chol. (mg) 31, sodium (mg) 11