Dutch Delite Bankets
- Makes: 16 to 20 servings
- Yield: 2 pastries (16 to 20 servings)
- Prep 35 mins
- Bake 30 mins
recipe chilled Dutch Delite Butterdough (see Recipe Center)
Icing (see recipe below)
Purchased decorator icing
- Reserve 1 tablespoon of the beaten egg; set aside. In a mixing bowl, beat together the remaining egg, almond paste, sugar, and flour until blended. Divide mixture in half. Shape each half into a 13-inch-long roll.
- Roll out Butterdough to form a 14-inch square. Cut in half, forming two 14x7-inch rectangles. Place 1 of the almond-paste rolls on 1 rectangle of dough, positioned close to a long side of dough, leaving about 1/2 inch of dough at top and bottom of almond roll. Beginning at that long side, roll up dough, jelly-roll style, with the almond paste inside.
- Transfer pastry to an ungreased baking sheet. Shape into a circle, joining ends; seal. Brush with reserved egg. Repeat with the remaining almond-paste roll and dough rectangle.
- Bake in a 375 degree F oven for 30 to 35 minutes or until golden brown. Transfer to wire racks; cool. Ice and decorate pastry rings as desired. Makes 2 pastries (16 to 20 servings).
sifted powdered sugar
- 1 - 2
water or milk
- In a bowl, combine powdered sugar and water or milk.
(Dutch Delite Bankets)Servings Per Recipe 16, calcium (mg) 30, sat. fat (g) 8, fiber (g) 1, chol. (mg) 44, sodium (mg) 123, Fat, total (g) 16, carb. (g) 37, pro. (g) 3, vit. A (IU) 437, iron (mg) 1, cal. (kcal) 299