Crunchy Crimson Chicken
- Makes: 4 servings
- Bake 2 mins to 3 mins
- Start to Finish 1 hr
A brilliant red raspberry sauce accompanies this almond-coated baked chicken for a dinner that's delicious and pretty to serve.
Raspberry Sauce (see recipe below)
skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
smoked almonds, coarsely ground
Brie cheese, cut into slices (rind removed, if you like)
Finely shredded orange peel (optional)
- Prepare sauce, and keep it warm.
- For chicken: Place each breast half between 2 pieces of plastic wrap. Lightly pound each chicken piece into a rectangle about 1/8 inch thick.
- In a bowl, beat egg and milk together. Place almonds in a shallow dish. Dip each piece of chicken into the egg mixture. Coat both sides with almonds, pressing the nuts gently into chicken.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil. Cook the chicken, 2 pieces at a time, over medium heat for 10 to 12 minutes or until almond coating is golden brown and chicken no longer is pink. Turn chicken once halfway through cooking time. Place chicken on a baking sheet; top each piece with a slice of Brie.
- Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 2 to 3 minutes or until the cheese is softened. Remove from oven. Place one piece of chicken, cheese side up, on each plate. Top each serving with warm Raspberry Sauce. Garnish with orange peel, if you like. Makes 4 servings.
- 1 1/2
frozen loose-pack red raspberries
salt and pepper
- In a medium saucepan, bring red raspberries, 1/2 cup water, and honey to boiling. Cook over medium heat for about 3 to 4 minutes or until raspberries begin to break up. In a small bowl, stir together cornstarch and 2 tablespoons cold water until smooth. Stir into raspberry mixture. Cook and stir the mixture until it's thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir for 2 minutes more. Remove from heat. Season to taste with some salt and black pepper. Cover the sauce, and keep it warm.
(Crunchy Crimson Chicken)Servings Per Recipe 4, chol. (mg) 140, sodium (mg) 255, carb. (g) 40, fiber (g) 8, Fat, total (g) 38, cal. (kcal) 647