- Makes: 24 servings
- Yield: 24 crescents
- Prep 40 mins
- Chill At least 3 hrs or up to 24 hours
- Bake 20 mins
teaspoon almond extract
small-curd cottage cheese, drained
beaten egg white
chopped toasted almonds
Almond Glaze (see recipe below)
- In a large bowl, beat butter, sugar, and almond extract until fluffy. Add the cottage cheese and beat until mixture is nearly smooth. Stir in flour by hand.
- Divide dough into 3 equal portions. Wrap each portion in plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours or up to 24 hours or until easy to handle.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll each portion of dough into a 10-inch circle (about 1/8-inch thick). Cut each circle into 8 wedges. Starting with a wide end, loosely roll each wedge to the point. Place rolled wedges, point sides down, 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets. Curve ends slightly to form crescents. Brush tops with egg white and sprinkle with almonds.
- Bake in a 375 degree F oven about 20 minutes or until golden. Cool crescents on a wire rack. Drizzle with Almond Glaze. Makes 24 crescents.
- 1 1/4
sifted powdered sugar
- 1/4 - 1/2
- 3 - 5
- In a small bowl, combine powdered sugar, almond extract, and enough milk to make an icing of drizzling consistency.
(Cottage Crescents)Servings Per Recipe 24, chol. (mg) 18, Fat, total (g) 7, carb. (g) 17, sodium (mg) 122, cal. (kcal) 144