Marjorie's London Broil
- Makes: 6 servings
- Prep 20 mins
- Marinate 2 hrs to 24 hrs
- Grill 17 mins to 21 mins
1 1/4 -
1 3/4 -
beef flank steak
bottled creamy French salad dressing
bottled Italian salad dressing
reduced-sodium soy sauce
Bordelaise Sauce (see recipe below)
- Trim fat from steak. Score steak on both sides by making shallow cuts a 1-inch intervals in a diamond pattern. Place steak in a resealable plastic bag set in a shallow dish.
- For marinade: In a small bowl, combine French dressing, Italian dressing, and soy sauce. Pour over steak; seal bag. Marinate in the refrigerator for 2 to 24 hours, turning bag occasionally.
- Prepare Bordelaise Sauce; keep warm while cooking steak
- Remove steak from refrigerator; drain and discard marinade. For a charcoal grill, grill steak on the rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium coals for 17 to 21 minutes for medium (160 degree F), turning once. (For a gas grill, preheat the grill on high heat for 10 to 15 minutes. Reduce heat to medium. Place steak on grill rack over heat. Cover and grill as above.) (For broiler, place the meat on the unheated rack of a broiler pan. Broil 3 to 4 inches from the heat for 15 to 18 minutes for medium (160 degree F), turning once.)
- To serve, thinly slice steak diagonally across the grain. Transfer to serving platter and cover with Bordelaise Sauce.
small mushroom caps
dry red wine
reduced sodium beef broth
- In a medium saucepan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add mushroom caps. Cook and stir 2 minutes. Add garlic. Cook and stir 1 minute. Carefully add dry red wine. Bring just to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or till reduced to about 2 tablespoons liquid. Add beef broth. Bring to just boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, about 10 minutes or till desired consistency, stirring occasionally. Makes about 1-1/2 cups sauce.
(Marjorie's London Broil)Servings Per Recipe 6, sat. fat (g) 4, chol. (mg) 38, Fat, total (g) 16, carb. (g) 4, vit. C (mg) 1, pro. (g) 23, vit. A (IU) 97, iron (mg) 2, cal. (kcal) 268, calcium (mg) 10, sodium (mg) 581