Glad Tidings Tournedos
- Makes: 4 servings
- Start to Finish 45 mins
Cranberry-Orange Marmalade (see recipe below)
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Prepare the Cranberry-Orange Marmalade.
- Cut the meat crosswise into 4 slices. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- In a heavy large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat until hot. Add the beef, and cook, uncovered, for 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until slightly pink in center. Reduce heat only if necessary to prevent overbrowning. (Insert an instant-read meat thermometer at an angle or from the side into center of beef. The temperature should register 145 degree F for medium-rare or 160 degree F for medium.)
- Transfer to a serving platter. Serve with Cranberry-Orange Marmalade. Refrigerate any remaining marmalade for another use. Makes 4 servings.
dry red wine
- 1 1/2
finely shredded orange peel
- In a small saucepan, combine orange juice and dry red wine. Bring mixture to boiling. Add fresh cranberries. Return mixture just to boiling and reduce heat. Simmer mixture, uncovered, for 5 to 8 minutes or until cranberry skins pop and berries are very tender, stirring occasionally. Place cranberry mixture in a food processor bowl or blender container. Cover and blend or process with 2 or 3 on-off turns until berries are just coarsely chopped. Return mixture to saucepan. Stir in sugar and finely shredded orange peel. Bring mixture to boiling and reduce heat. Cook cranberries, uncovered, for 15 to 18 minutes more or until mixture is the consistency of marmalade and is reduced to a scant 1-1/4 cups, stirring often. Season marmalade with salt and pepper to taste. Makes about 1-1/4 cups.
(Glad Tidings Tournedos)Servings Per Recipe 4, cal. (kcal) 255, carb. (g) 11, pro. (g) 24, sodium (mg) 416, fiber (g) 1, Fat, total (g) 12, chol. (mg) 70