How to Make Yarn Pompoms
What you'll need: Scissors, cardboard, yarn
How to make pompoms:
1. Cut a piece of 3.5-inch x 3.5-inch cardboard into a U-shape, then cut a 14-inch piece of yarn and fold it over the indent in the cardboard. (Tip: To make larger pompoms, use a larger cardboard shape. You may wish to use thick, chunky yarn for big pompoms.)
2. Wrap one to four colors of yarn around the cardboard form, about 40 times.
3. Slide the yarn off the form, keeping its shape, and tie the 14-inch piece around the center of the yarn bundle.
4. Cut a second 14-inch piece and tie it tightly around the center of the bundle. Use scissors to cut open the looped ends of yarn.
5. Fluff pompom and trim with scissors to round its shape.
At Christmas, useful colorful pompoms to top gifts or hang on the tree.