Easy Front Door Makeover
1 Use symmetry to give your front entry a pulled-together look with minimal effort. We used a pair of industrial-sleek wall sconces and twin planters with easy-care shrubs (evergreens work, too). These all-in-one planters have a reservoir irrigation system so they'll water themselves for a week or more!
2 Update trim and doors for a revamp without a full repaint. A standout hue, like golden yellow, sets your door apart, and a contrasting dark brown or gray makes trimwork pop.
3 Add small accents to polish the makeover. We chose aged-bronze hardware, a matching doormat and easy-to-apply number decals. The dark finish of the sconces matches the door hardware for a unified look.
- DoormatTarget. (800) 440-0680;target.com
- Door knocker0195.102 ring, finish: oil-rubbed bronze. Baldwin Hardware. (800) 566-1986;baldwinhardware.com
- HandlesetF60 PLY 716 FLA Plymouth, finish: aged bronze. Schlage. (888) 805-9837;schlage.com
- House numbersDoor decals, color: black. Leen the Graphics Queen. (910) 431-5429;leenthegraphicsqueen.com
- Light fixtures8870-12 single-light outdoor wall lantern. Sea Gull Lighting. (800) 347-5483;seagulllighting.com
- PaintDoor: SW 6683 Bee; trim: SW 7034 Status Bronze. Sherwin-Williams. (800) 474-3794;sherwin-williams.com
- PlantersCubico Cottage 30 Mocha all-in-one set. Lechuza. (877) 532-4892;lechuza.us
- ShrubsSugartina ‘Crystalina' summersweet. Proven Winners. (877) 865-5818;provenwinners.com