7 Terrific Home Spa Products
1) HEAVEN SCENT The Moen Aromatherapy Handshower comes with essential oil-filled capsules that infuse scent into your shower, turning a run-of-the-mill task into a moment of bliss. Choose from four aromatherapeutic blends to fit your mood. Also nice: It’s incredibly easy to install, no power tools required. From $129 for showerhead plus four capsules.
2) BRUSH UP Dry brushing before bathing is an easy way to exfoliate, boost circulation and even minimize the look of cellulite (it’s true). Not to mention that it just feels so darn good. The EcoTools Dry Body Brush boasts a wallet-friendly price tag and looks pretty displayed in your bathroom. $5.
3) SUPER SOAK Kansas City-based Native Atlas crafts face and body products with pure, plant-based botanicals. Try Circulation Soak; a few scoops of the Epsom salt-based mix bring sweet relief to achy muscles. The bath soak’s ingredients include Epsom salt for inflammation and mustard seed to aid circulation. $18 for a two- to four-bath supply.
4) FACE VALUE The owner of a pair of spas in Chicago and Kalamazoo, Michigan, aesthetician Elina Fedotova also has a line of skin care products. Her latest, the Elina Organics Crushed Copper Purifying Mask, purifies, detoxifies and evens out skin tone—exactly what your complexion needs post-summer. $42.
5) NEW FLAME Perhaps the quickest way to turn your bathroom into a Zen retreat? Light a candle. The scent of Bath and Body Works’ Eucalyptus + Spearmint 3-Wick Candle nails that perfect spa alchemy of equal parts calming and invigorating. All that’s missing is the cucumber water. $25.
6) HIGH ROLLER Town and Anchor is one of Chicago’s most beloved beauty brands, known for natural, sustainable skin care and tools. A few minutes of face rolling (before and after applying serum or moisturizer) with their Dalmatian Stone Roller can help flush out toxins and improve the penetration of products. Plus it’s so relaxing. $31.
7) WELL-HEELED Named for owner Chaundra Turner’s hometown (she grew up in the area of Chicago), Chatham Natural Skin Care’s array of nontoxic beauty products is formulated for dry or sensitive skin. The Joyful Feet kit makes at-home pedis easy with a foot soak, scrub and hydrating butter. $18.