We're Going On a Picnic! 3 Themed Menus
Steak. Sweet con. And all the potato chips you can handle.
See our recipes for Grilled Flank Steak with Pepper Relish, Corn Off the Cob and Jumbo Chocolate-Cherry-Oat Cookies. Buy the extras: Cheese straws, peaches, blue cheese, potato chips, and beer + iced tea.
• Grilled steak tastes just as good cold (as anyone who has sneaked a piece from the fridge knows).
• Sprinkle blue cheese on steak or peaches—or neither. That's why it's on the side.
• Our chip pick: Kettle-style, salt and pepper flavor. They're perfect with the steak.
South of France
Donning a headscarf and shades a la Grace Kelly is a totally acceptable plan.
See our recipes for Chilled Pea Soup with Mint, Two-Bean Salad with Tarragon and Pan Bagnat. Buy the extras: Macarons, charcuterie, cornichons, olive tapenade, cantaloupe + proscuitto, radishes with salt and pepper, and rose + fruit sodas.
• Tote chilled soup in a thermos, then pour into glasses to sip—pinkies up!
• Wrap prosciutto around ripe melon for a sweet and savory bite.
• Not sure about tuna? Baguette with ham and Brie is another classically French choice.
Meatless Middle East
Like a sunny walk through Tel Aviv—minus the expensive airfare.
• Top chilled watermelon with honey and mint. (Or just eat it plain.)
• Garnish your limonana with fresh mint, too.