We're Going On a Picnic! 3 Themed Menus
Fill a cooler (or heck, go for that cute basket with a gingham lining), toss a game in the car, and spend the afternoon at a lakeside park. Each of our menus features simple recipes that transport well, plus easy add-ons you can buy.
Steak. Sweet con. And all the potato chips you can handle.
See our recipes for Grilled Flank Steak with Pepper Relish, Corn Off the Cob and Jumbo Chocolate-Cherry-Oat Cookies. Buy the extras: Cheese straws, peaches, blue cheese, potato chips, and beer + iced tea.
• Grilled steak tastes just as good cold (as anyone who has sneaked a piece from the fridge knows).
• Sprinkle blue cheese on steak or peaches—or neither. That's why it's on the side.
• Our chip pick: Kettle-style, salt and pepper flavor. They're perfect with the steak.
South of France
Donning a headscarf and shades a la Grace Kelly is a totally acceptable plan.
See our recipes for Chilled Pea Soup with Mint, Two-Bean Salad with Tarragon and Pan Bagnat. Buy the extras: Macarons, charcuterie, cornichons, olive tapenade, cantaloupe + proscuitto, radishes with salt and pepper, and rose + fruit sodas.
• Tote chilled soup in a thermos, then pour into glasses to sip—pinkies up!
• Wrap prosciutto around ripe melon for a sweet and savory bite.
• Not sure about tuna? Baguette with ham and Brie is another classically French choice.
Meatless Middle East
Like a sunny walk through Tel Aviv—minus the expensive airfare.
• Top chilled watermelon with honey and mint. (Or just eat it plain.)
• Garnish your limonana with fresh mint, too.