Midwest Living Review
This gleaming white building in the heart of town was built in 1905 as a jewelry store and became the post office in 1907. It's since been restored and opened in 2009 as a nice small museum that tells the story of Grand Marais -- from its settlement through its lumbering and railroad days and fishing and shipping eras -- through posters and a few artifacts. A new rose garden was planted behind the post office in 2010. A couple of rose beds feature local antiques.