Favorite Midwest Parks for Fall Color
More ideas for parks with great fall color
Midwest Living's Facebook fans also suggested these destinations:
• Backbone State Park, west of Dubuque, Iowa: "Great overlooks and fall color" (pictured).
• Copper Falls State Park in Mellen, Wisconsin: "Dramatic waterfalls and gorges, so fabulous in fall."
• Newton Hills State Park in Canton, South Dakota: "A beautiful park with lots of oaks. Great color!"
• Jubilee State Park near Brimfield, Illinois.
• The Dawes Arboretum in Newark, Ohio: "Beautiful!"
• Central Park in Carthage, Missouri.
• Hartwick Pines State Park near Grayling, Michigan: "40-plus acres of old-growth forest."
• Castle Rock State Park in Oregon, Illinois: "Beautiful in the fall."
• Nichols Arboretum, Ann Arbor, Michigan.
• Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore, Munising, Michigan.
• Boulder Junction, Wisconsin: "The whole area is a park. Boulder Junction is surrounded by 225,000 acres of the Northern Highland-American Legion State Forest, and driving any of the surrounding roads bordered with numerous lakes is beyond spectacular any time of the year, but especially in the fall!"