4 Ultimate Food Trails
Indiana food trail highlights: From Bloomington to Vincennes
1. FarmBloomington Serving breakfast, lunch and dinner, Farm offers thin-crust pizzas, rosemary chicken and Paradise Kitchen jerked salmon fillet. Don't miss the garlic fries; they're served in a big bowl and topped with Parmesan and spicy chili flakes. (812) 323-0002; farm-bloomington.com
2. Prairie Acres Farm Market The cafe's mismatched dining chairs are part of the charm at this picturesque Oaktown market known for its baked goods and produce. (812) 745-3207
3. US-41 farm stands Bring your cooler and stock up on the farm-fresh produce filling the little stands south of Oaktown.
4. Home of the Big Peach Getting your picture with the big metal peach in Bruceville is a Hoosier rite of passage. Snapping up peach cider and salad dressing is a bonus. (812) 324-2548
5. Apple Hill Orchard Fresh fruit pies; award-winning cider; and U-pick apples, peaches and nectarines beckon travelers to the quiet hilltop log-cabin bakery. (812) 324-9010
6. Dot's Custom Cakes and Catering Don't let the name throw you; this Vincennes hole-in-the-wall is famous for perfect, plate-size pork tenderloin sandwiches (pictured). Our advice: Skip the ho-hum fries and have dessert at the St. Louis Soda Shop--it shares the building with Dot's. (812) 882-1973