- Makes: 12 servings
- Start to Finish 30 mins
frozen white bread dough, thawed
Cooking oil for shallow-fat frying
- Cut bread dough into 12 pieces.
- In a small bowl, stir together the sugar and cinnamon; set aside.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out each piece of dough to form a 1/8- to 1/4-inch-thick oval.
- In a heavy skillet, heat about 1/2 inch cooking oil over medium-high heat. Cook bread ovals, 1 or 2 at a time, in hot oil for 45 to 60 seconds per side or until bread ovals are brown.
- Remove with tongs and drain on paper towels. Sprinkle sugar-cinnamon mixture over the fried bread. Keep warm in the oven while frying the remainder. Makes 12 servings.
(Elephant Ears)Servings Per Recipe 12, cal. (kcal) 165, carb. (g) 22, Fat, total (g) 6