White Chocolate Creme Brulee
- Yield: Makes 6 servings.
- Prep 25 mins
- Bake 1 hr
- Chill up to 8 hours
- Stand 30 mins
white baking chocolate with cocoa butter, chopped
egg yolks, lightly beaten
Fresh strawberries or raspberries
- In a heavy medium saucepan, heat and stir 1/3 cup of the whipping cream and the white chocolate over low heat until chocolate is melted. Using a whisk, gradually add the remaining 1 2/3 cups whipping cream. Heat cream mixture to a simmer. Remove from heat.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the egg yolks, the 1/2 cup sugar and vanilla. Very gradually whisk the cream mixture into the egg yolk mixture.
- Place six 3/4-cup ramekins or 6-ounce custard cups in a 13x9x2-inch (3-quart) baking dish. Divide the custard mixture evenly among the ramekins or custard cups. Set baking dish on the oven rack. Pour enough boiling water or very hot water into the baking dish around the ramekins or custard cups to reach halfway up the sides of the dishes.
- Bake, uncovered, in a 325 degrees oven about 1 hour or until custards are nearly set when gently shaken. Remove ramekins from baking dish; cool on a wire rack. Cover; chill in the refrigerator for up to 8 hours.
- Let stand at room temperature 30 minutes before serving. Sprinkle each with remaining 1/4 cup sugar and caramelize with a culinary blowtorch. (If you do not have a culinary blowtorch, place the 1/4 cup sugar in an 8-inch skillet. Heat over medium-high heat until sugar begins to melt, shaking skillet occasionally to heat sugar evenly. Do not stir. Once sugar starts to melt, reduce heat to low; cook about 3 minutes more or until all the sugar is melted and golden, stirring as needed with a wooden spoon. Quickly drizzle caramelized sugar over the custards.)
- Serve custards immediately. Garnish with berries.
(White Chocolate Creme Brulee)Fat, total (g) 37, carb. (g) 38, pro. (g) 5, cal. (kcal) 496, vit. C (mg) 8, vit. A (IU) 1312, Thiamin (mg) 0, sodium (mg) 46, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg) 0, sat. fat (g) 22, Potassium (mg) 92, calcium (mg) 91, Monosaturated fat (g) 10, iron (mg) 0, chol. (mg) 233, sugar (g) 35, Riboflavin (mg) 0, Polyunsaturated fat (g) 2, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg) 0, Folate (µg) 24