Watermelon-Tea Snow Cones
- Makes: 4 servings
- Prep 20 mins
- Chill 4 hrs to 3 days
- Stand 30 mins
lightly packed fresh mint leaves or 2 small sprigs fresh rosemary
Red Zinger® tea
sugar or sugar substitute* equivalent to 3 tablespoons sugar
seeded, cubed watermelon
- In a small saucepan, bring the water to boiling; add mint or rosemary. Simmer, uncovered, for 2 minutes. Remove from heat. Add tea bags; cover and let steep for 4 minutes. Strain mixture through a sieve, pressing tea bags to remove all liquid; discard tea bags and mint or rosemary. Let tea stand about 30 minutes or until cooled to room temperature. Add sugar, stirring until dissolved.
- Meanwhile, place watermelon in blender. Cover and blend until smooth. (You should have about 1 1/4 cups pureed watermelon.) Add pureed watermelon to the tea mixture. Cover and chill for 4 hours to 3 days.
- Place watermelon mixture in blender. With blender running, add ice cubes, one at a time, through the hole in the lid; blend until the mixture is slushy and almost spoonable. Serve immediately. Makes 4 servings.
- Sugar Substitutes: Choose from Splenda® Granular, Equal® Spoonful or packets, or Sweet'N Low® bulk or packets. Follow package directions to use amount equivalent to 3 tablespoons sugar.
- Nutrition Information: PER SERVING WITH SUBSTITUTE: same as above, except 28 cal., 7 g carbo. Exchanges: 0 other carbo.
(Watermelon-Tea Snow Cones)Servings Per Recipe 4, sodium (mg) 1, sat. fat (g) 0, Other Carb () 1, carb. (g) 15, fiber (g) 0, Fruit () 1, cal. (kcal) 60, pro. (g) 0, Fat, total (g) 0, chol. (mg) 0, Carb Choice () 1