Warm Chocolate Bread Pudding
- Makes: 2 servings
- Prep 20 mins
- Cool 10 mins
- Bake 15 mins
Nonstick cooking spray
firm-textured white bread cubes (from about 1-1/4 slices of Italian or sourdough bread)
miniature semisweet chocolate pieces
refrigerated or frozen egg product, thawed, or 1 egg
finely shredded orange peel
Sifted powdered sugar or fat-free whipped topping (optional)
- Spray two 6-ounce individual souffle dishes or custard cups with nonstick cooking spray. Divide the bread cubes between the two souffle dishes or cups.
- Combine chocolate, sugar, and milk in a small saucepan. Stir over low heat until the chocolate melts; remove from heat. Beat smooth with a wire whisk, if necessary.
- Place egg product or egg in a small bowl; gradually stir in the chocolate mixture. Add the orange peel and vanilla. Pour mixture over bread in the two dishes or cups. Press lightly with back of spoon to be sure all bread cubes are moistened. If desired, desserts may be covered and refrigerated for 1 to 2 hours before baking. Uncover before baking.
- Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 15 to 20 minutes until the tops appear firm and a knife inserted near the centers comes out clean. Cool about 10 minutes; serve warm. Top with sprinkles of powdered sugar or dollops of whipped topping, if desired. Makes 2 servings.
- Food exchanges: 1 starch.
(Warm Chocolate Bread Pudding)Servings Per Recipe 2, vit. A (RE) 134, calcium (mg) 81, carb. (g) 29, Fat, total (g) 4, pro. (g) 5, fiber (g) 0, sodium (mg) 125, chol. (mg) 1, sat. fat (g) 2, cal. (kcal) 163