Sweet Potatoes with Toasted Pecans
- Makes: 8 servings
- Prep 45 mins
- Chill up to 24 hours
- Cool 20 mins
- Bake 1 hr
Toasted pecans and sticky-sweet marshmallows top creamy whipped sweet potatoes.
pure maple syrup
pecan halves, toasted
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Scrub potatoes and prick with a fork. Brush with olive oil. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon salt. Place potatoes in a 15x10x1-inch baking pan. Roast, uncovered, for 30 to 40 minutes or until soft. Cool until easy to handle.
- Halve potatoes; scoop out flesh and discard skin. Press through a fine mesh sieve. Transfer to a large bowl.
- In a small saucepan combine butter and whipping cream; cook over medium heat until mixture comes to a simmer. Fold into the sweet potatoes along with the maple syrup, nutmeg and remaining 1 teaspoon salt. Transfer to a 2-quart baking dish.
- Cover and chill up to 24 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Bake chilled casserole, covered, for 55 minutes, stirring once. Increase oven temperature to 450 degrees F. Uncover and sprinkle marshmallows on potatoes. Bake, uncovered, 12 to 15 minutes or until marshmallows are golden brown. Sprinkle with toasted pecans. Serve immediately. Makes 8 (1/2-cup) servings plus leftovers
- To serve right away: Chilling step may be omitted. Proceed through step 3. Increase oven temperature to 450 degrees F. Sprinkle marshmallow on potatoes. Bake, uncovered, 12 to 15 minutes or until marshmallows are golden brown. Sprinkle with toasted pecans.
(Sweet Potatoes with Toasted Pecans)Servings Per Recipe 8, Folate (µg) 12, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg) 0, sat. fat (g) 7, Niacin (mg) 1, Monounsaturated fat (g) 5, Polyunsaturated fat (g) 1, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg) 0, fiber (g) 3, sugar (g) 11, calcium (mg) 40, vit. A (IU) 148, iron (mg) 1, vit. C (mg) 2, Thiamin (mg) 0, Riboflavin (mg) 0, carb. (g) 30, pro. (g) 2, sodium (mg) 670, chol. (mg) 33, Fat, total (g) 14, Potassium (mg) 378, cal. (kcal) 255