Healthy Green Bean Casserole
- Makes: 5 servings
- Yield: 5 side-dish servings
- Prep 15 mins
- Bake 25 mins
Try this lightened version of a favorite side-dish casserole recipe. Mix the beans with lower sodium soup and yogurt and top with a mixture of bread crumbs and sauteed onions.
frozen French-style green beans
fine dry bread crumbs
10 3/4 -
lower-sodium condensed cream of mushroom soup
plain fat-free yogurt
- Cook the green beans according to the package directions, except omit salt. Drain well.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan cook the onion in margarine until onion is tender. Stir in the bread crumbs; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl stir together the soup, yogurt, pimiento, and pepper. Stir in the beans. Transfer mixture to a 1-quart casserole. Sprinkle bread crumb mixture atop beans in casserole.
- Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until the mixture is heated through and the crumbs are golden. If desired, garnish with additional pimiento pieces. Makes 5 side-dish servings.
(Healthy Green Bean Casserole)Servings Per Recipe 5, cal. (kcal) 121, pro. (g) 4, carb. (g) 15, fiber (g) 2, Starch () 1, Fat, total (g) 6, Fat () 1, chol. (mg) 3, sat. fat (g) 1, vit. A (RE) 113, iron (mg) 1, vit. C (mg) 13, calcium (mg) 111, sodium (mg) 330