Grilled Sweet Onions
- Makes: 4 servings
- Prep 15 mins
- Grill 30 mins
Onions wrapped in foil steam to juicy perfection when cooked on your grill. This easy side dish comes together in 15 minutes and is great with pork, beef or chicken.
large red, Spanish, Vidalia or other sweet onions
ranch salad dressing
Fresh chives (optional)
- Cut each onion in half, crosswise. Remove outer peel of the onion. Score the sliced surface of the onion by making shallow diagonal cuts, forming a diamond-shape pattern.
- Place each onion half, cut side up, in the center of an 18x12-inch piece of heavy-duty foil.
- Combine salad dressing and Worcestershire sauce. Spoon mixture over onion halves. Sprinkle each with 1/4 teaspoon of the salad seasoning.
- Bring up two of the oppostie edges of the foil and seal with a double fold. Fold remaining edges to completely enclose onions, leaving space for steam to build.
- Place foil packets on the rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium heat for 30 to 35 minutes or till onions are tender. Garnish with the chives, if you like. Makes 4 servings.
(Grilled Sweet Onions)Servings Per Recipe 4, carb. (g) 9, sodium (mg) 587, chol. (mg) 8, cal. (kcal) 142, Fat, total (g) 12