Curried Couscous with Vegetables
- Makes: 8 servings
- Prep 15 mins
- Cook 4 hrs to 6 hrs on low or 2 to 3 hours on high
- Stand 5 mins
onion, cut in thin wedges
coarsely chopped yellow summer squash and/or zucchini (2 medium)
14 1/2 -
diced tomatoes with jalapeno peppers
curry-flavor couscous mix
chopped toasted slivered almonds
Cilantro sprigs (optional)
- In a 3-1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker, combine onion, summer squash, undrained tomatoes, the water, and the seasoning packets from couscous mixes.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 4 to 6 hours or on high-heat setting for 2 to 3 hours. Stir in couscous. Turn off cooker. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Fluff couscous mixture with a fork.
- To serve, sprinkle each serving with almonds and, if desired, raisins. If desired, garnish with cilantro sprigs. Makes 8 servings.
- For Easy Cleanup: Line your slow cooker with a disposable slow cooker liner. Add ingredients as directed in recipe. Once your dish is finished cooking, spoon the food out of your slow cooker and simply dispose of the liner. Do not lift or transport the disposable liner with food inside.
(Curried Couscous with Vegetables)Servings Per Recipe 8, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg) 0, Niacin (mg) 2, Folate (µg) 24, Potassium (mg) 440, sodium (mg) 842, iron (mg) 2, calcium (mg) 91, cal. (kcal) 280, sugar (g) 6, fiber (g) 6, carb. (g) 43, pro. (g) 10, Thiamin (mg) 0, Riboflavin (mg) 0, vit. C (mg) 12, vit. A (IU) 875, Fat, total (g) 9, sat. fat (g) 1, Monounsaturated fat (g) 5, Polyunsaturated fat (g) 2, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg) 0, chol. (mg) 0