Vanilla Bean Panna Cotta with Strawberries
- Makes: 2 servings
- Prep 10 mins
- Chill 8 hrs
- Stand 30 mins
of a vanilla bean or 1/2 teaspoon vanilla**
sugar or sugar substitute* equivalent to 2 teaspoons sugar
champagne vinegar or white balsamic vinegar
sugar or sugar substitute* equivalent to 1 teaspoon sugar
fresh strawberries, hulled and halved
Whole strawberries (optional)
- For panna cotta, in a heatproof 2-cup glass measure, sprinkle gelatin over the cold water. Let stand for 3 minutes to soften. Scrape vanilla beans from the pod into the measuring cup; add the pod. Place in a saucepan of simmering water. Cook and stir over medium heat until gelatin is dissolved. Remove from heat. Stir in half-and-half and the 2 teaspoons sugar; stir until sugar is dissolved. Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Remove vanilla bean pod and stir mixture. Pour into two 6-ounce martini or champagne glasses or 6-ounce custard cups. Cover and chill for at least 8 hours or until firm.
- About 1 hour before serving, in a small bowl, combine vinegar and the 1 teaspoon sugar. Add halved strawberries, tossing to coat. Cover and chill, tossing strawberries occasionally. Drain strawberries before serving.
- To serve, spoon strawberries over panna cotta in glasses. If desired, top each dessert with a whole strawberry.
- *Sugar Substitutes: Choose from Splenda Granular, Equal Spoonful or packets or Sweet 'N Low bulk or packets. Follow package directions to use product amount equivalent to 2 teaspoons or 1 teaspoon sugar.
- *Sugar Substitutes: PER SERVING WITH SUGAR SUBSTITUTE: same as above, except 105 cal., 17 g carb.
- *Sugar Substitutes: Exchanges: 1/2 other carb.
- *Sugar Substitutes: Carb Choices: 1
- ** If using vanilla, add it with the half-and-half and omit the standing time.
(Vanilla Bean Panna Cotta with Strawberries)Servings Per Recipe 2, carb. (g) 23, Fat, total (g) 2, cal. (kcal) 127, pro. (g) 5, Fruit () 1, fiber (g) 1, sodium (mg) 177, Other Carb () 1, Carb Choice () 2, chol. (mg) 6, sat. fat (g) 1