Twice-Baked Sweet Potatoes
- Makes: 10 servings
- Prep 20 mins
- Bake 1 hr
- Chill Up to 24 hrs
- Bake 30 mins
medium sweet potatoes (10 ounces each)
dried cranberries or raisins, snipped or chopped
walnut pieces, toasted
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Scrub sweet potatoes and pierce all over with fork. Place on oven rack. Bake for 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours or until tender. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Cut each potato in half lengthwise. Using a spoon, scoop pulp from each potato half, leaving a 1/4- to 1/2-inch shell. Place pulp in medium bowl. Set aside shells.
- Using a potato masher or fork, mash potato pulp until smooth. Stir in relish, cranberries, butter, and salt. Spoon potato mixture into each potato shell. Place, filled sides up, in a 15x10x1-inch baking pan. Sprinkle with walnuts. Cover and chill up to 24 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Bake, uncovered, for 30 to 35 minutes or until heated through. Makes 10 servings.
- To serve right away: Chilling step may be omitted. Bake filled potatoes uncovered for 25 to 35 minutes or until heated through.
(Twice-Baked Sweet Potatoes)Servings Per Recipe 10, fiber (g) 3, Folate (µg) 12, Potassium (mg) 255, sugar (g) 7, sodium (mg) 174, pro. (g) 2, vit. A (IU) 9038, iron (mg) 1, cal. (kcal) 158, calcium (mg) 30, Fat, total (g) 6, Thiamin (mg) 0, carb. (g) 25, vit. C (mg) 4, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg) 0, sat. fat (g) 2, Niacin (mg) 0, chol. (mg) 6, Riboflavin (mg) 0, Polyunsaturated fat (g) 3, Monounsaturated fat (g) 1, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg) 0