Tex-Mex Mac and Cheese
- Makes: 10 servings
- Prep 20 mins
- Slow Cook 5 hrs to 6 hrs (low)
Mexican-blend cheese, salsa, ground beef, chili peppers...no this isn't just another taco recipe. The fiesta-themed ingredients turn mac and cheese into a surprising crowd-pleaser.
lean ground beef
large onion, chopped
shredded Mexican-blend cheese (12 ounces)
diced green chile peppers, undrained
2 1/4 -
sliced, pitted ripe olives, drained
dried elbow macaroni
- In a large skillet, cook ground beef and onion until meat is brown and onion is tender. Drain off fat. Transfer meat mixture to a 4 1/2- to 6-quart slow cooker. Add Mexican-blend cheese, salsa, cheese dip, undrained chile peppers, and olives; stir to combine.
- Cover; cook on low-heat setting for 5 1/2 to 6 hours (do not use high-heat setting).
- Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain. Stir macaroni into mixture in cooker.
- For easy cleanup: Line your slow cooker with a disposable slow cooker liner. Add ingredients as directed in recipe. Once your dish is finished cooking, spoon the food out of your slow cooker and simply dispose of the liner. Do not lift or transport the disposable liner with food inside.
(Tex-Mex Mac and Cheese)Servings Per Recipe 10, Monounsaturated fat (g) 6, sat. fat (g) 17, chol. (mg) 113, Fat, total (g) 32, fiber (g) 2, Polyunsaturated fat (g) 1, sugar (g) 2, sodium (mg) 1337, carb. (g) 36, vit. C (mg) 11, pro. (g) 35, vit. A (IU) 680, iron (mg) 3, cal. (kcal) 577, calcium (mg) 363