Glazed Orange Rolls
- Yield: 24 rolls
- Rise 30 mins
- Bake 22 mins to 25 mins
- Stand 10 mins
3 1/4-4 1/2
packaged instant mashed potato flakes or buds
active dry yeast
water or milk
cooking oil or butter
finely shredded orange peel
- In a large bowl, stir together 1 1/2 cups of the flour, the potato flakes or buds and the yeast; set aside. In a small saucepan, heat and stir water or milk, sugar, cooking oil or butter, orange peel and salt just until warm (120 degrees to 130 degrees ). Add to flour mixture. Beat with an electric mixer on low speed for 30 seconds, scraping bowl constantly. Beat on high speed for 3 minutes. Using a wooden spoon, stir in as much remaining flour as you can.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead in enough remaining flour to make a moderately soft dough that is smooth and elastic (3 to 5 minutes total). Shape dough into a ball. Place in a greased bowl; turn once to grease surface. Cover; let rise in a warm place until doubled (about 1 hour).
- Punch dough down. Cover; let rest for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, lightly grease twenty-four 2-1/2-inch muffin cups and set aside.
- Divide dough into 24 portions; shape into balls. Place one ball into each prepared muffin cup. Cover; let rise in a warm place until nearly doubled (30 minutes).
- Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 22 to 25 minutes or until golden. Carefully invert rolls from muffin cups onto wire rack. Cool slightly. Invert again onto a serving platter. Spoon on Orange Glaze. Serve warm. Makes 24 rolls.
- * The amount of flour needed will depend on the type of instant potatoes you use.
few drops almond extract
- 2 1/4
- Finely shred peel from orange (should have about 2 teaspoons). Peel and section orange. In a medium bowl, combine shredded orange peel and sections, vanilla and a few drops almond extract. Beat on low speed until nearly smooth. Beat in 1-1/4 cups powdered sugar. Stir in enough additional powdered sugar (about 1 cup) until glaze is a spooning consistency.
(Glazed Orange Rolls)Fat, total (g) 2, fiber (g) 1, cal. (kcal) 150, pro. (g) 2, carb. (g) 30, sodium (mg) 98