Sweet and Spicy Steak Salad
- Makes: 4 servings
- Prep 30 mins
- Marinate 6 hrs to overnight
- Cook 4 mins to 6 mins
- Stand 30 mins
boneless beef top sirloin steak, cut 3/4-inch thick
bottled raspberry vinaigrette
raspberry spreadable fruit
snipped fresh cilantro
chipotle chile pepper in adobo sauce, drained and finely chopped (1 teaspoon)
goat cheese (chevre)
baby arugula leaves, baby spinach leaves, mesclun or mixed baby salad greens
roma or small tomatoes, cut into wedges
avocado, halved, seeded, peeled and sliced
sliced fresh mushrooms
Snipped chives (optional)
Freshly cracked black pepper (optional)
- If desired, partially freeze beef for easier slicing. Trim fat from meat. Thinly slice meat across the grain into strips. Place the meat in a resealable plastic bag set in shallow dish.
- In a small bowl, whisk together vinaigrette salad dressing, spreadable fruit, cilantro and chipotle pepper.
- To marinate the meat, pour 1/2 cup of the vinaigrette over the meat. Seal bag; turn to coat meat. Marinate in the refrigerator for 6 hours or overnight, turning bag occasionally. Cover and chill the remaining vinaigrette until ready to use.
- Meanwhile, shape the goat cheese into 12 balls. Cover and chill on a small plate until ready to use.
- At least 30 minutes before serving the salad, soak twelve 6-inch bamboo skewers in water.
- Drain the meat; discard marinade. Thread meat in accordion fashion on the bamboo skewers, leaving 1/4 inch space between the pieces. Preheat a grill pan over medium heat. Grill steak skewers 4 to 6 minutes or until the meat reaches desired doneness, turning the skewers halfway through the cooking time.
- To serve, spread arugula on a platter. Arrange the cheese balls, tomato wedges and avocado in separate piles on top of the arugula. Arrange mushroom slices on top of the rest of the arugular. Place the meat skewers on top of the mushrooms. If you like, garnish with snipped chives and cracked black pepper. Whisk the remaining vinaigrette to combine; drizzle over the salad or allow guests to pour their own.
- * If desired, roll the goat cheese balls in snipped fresh cilantro, cracked black pepper, or sprinkle with paprika or ground chipotle chile pepper.
(Sweet and Spicy Steak Salad)Servings Per Recipe 4, Potassium (mg) 1011, Riboflavin (mg) 1, sat. fat (g) 9, Thiamin (mg) 0, chol. (mg) 112, vit. C (mg) 21, Polyunsaturated fat (g) 1, Monosaturated fat (g) 8, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg) 4, Folate (µg) 60, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg) 1, Fat, total (g) 24, carb. (g) 28, Niacin (mg) 10, sodium (mg) 390, pro. (g) 44, calcium (mg) 182, iron (mg) 5, fiber (g) 4, cal. (kcal) 489, sugar (g) 19, vit. A (IU) 2187, Mark as Free Exchange () 0