Super Simple Peachy Barbecue Chicken
- Makes: 4 to 6 servings
- Prep 20 mins
- Cook 6 hrs to 8 hrs (low) or 3 to 4 hours (high)
Just three ingredients produce a rich-flavored, sweet-tangy barbecue sauce for drumsticks.
chicken drumsticks, skinned (if desired)
apricot or peach preserves
Fresh peaches, cut into wedges (optional)
- Place chicken in a 3-1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker. For sauce, in a small bowl stir together barbecue sauce, preserves, and mustard. Pour over chicken.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 6 to 8 hours or on high-heat setting for 3 to 4 hours.
- Transfer chicken to a serving dish; cover and keep warm. Transfer sauce to a medium saucepan. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, about 10 minutes or until sauce is desired consistency. Serve chicken with sauce. If desired, garnish with fresh peaches.
- For Easy Cleanup: Line your slow cooker with a disposable slow cooker liner. Add ingredients as directed in recipe. Once your dish is finished cooking, remove food from your slow cooker and simply dispose of the liner. Do not lift or transport the disposable liner with food inside.
(Super Simple Peachy Barbecue Chicken)Servings Per Recipe 4, calcium (mg) 50, cal. (kcal) 456, Potassium (mg) 337, sugar (g) 28, sodium (mg) 963, fiber (g) 2, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg) 0, Folate (µg) 20, Polyunsaturated fat (g) 4, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg) 0, Monounsaturated fat (g) 6, Niacin (mg) 8, sat. fat (g) 4, chol. (mg) 154, Riboflavin (mg) 0, Fat, total (g) 17, Thiamin (mg) 0, carb. (g) 37, vit. C (mg) 9, pro. (g) 38, vit. A (IU) 243, iron (mg) 2