Sprouts and Sausage Pizza
- Makes: 4 servings
- Hands On 20 mins
- Total Time 35 mins
We can't think of a more delicious or surprising way to get an extra helping of veggies than this hearty pizza, topped with Italian sausage, Brussels sprouts a sneaky-simple sauce hack.
purchased prepared pizza dough
bulk Italian sausage
fresh Brussels sprouts
dried rosemary, crushed
shredded mozzarella cheese
red onion, coarsely chopped
- If pizza dough has been refrigerated, remove from refrigerator; let stand 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. In a medium skillet cook sausage until no pink remains; drain and set aside. Trim ends and yellow leaves from Brussels sprouts; slice crosswise 1/4-inch thick, reserving any leaves that fall off.
- On a floured surface roll out pizza dough to a 12-inch circle or 14x8-inch rectangle. Transfer to a lightly-oiled pizza pan.
- Spread tomato paste over dough to within 1/2-inch of the edge. Sprinkle with salt and rosemary.
- Top with 1/2 cup of mozzarella, the cooked sausage, Brussels sprouts, onion, and remaining 1/2 cup mozzarella. Bake until crust is golden and cheese is well melted, about 15 minutes.
(Sprouts and Sausage Pizza)Servings Per Recipe 4, sodium (mg) 1267, pro. (g) 25, calcium (mg) 192, sugar (g) 7, Potassium (mg) 488, Fat, total (g) 25, vit. C (mg) 42, cal. (kcal) 575, vit. A (IU) 706, iron (mg) 2, sat. fat (g) 9, Riboflavin (mg) 0, chol. (mg) 57, Thiamin (mg) 0, Monounsaturated fat (g) 9, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg) 0, carb. (g) 61, Niacin (mg) 3, Trans fatty acid (g) 0, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg) 1, Polyunsaturated fat (g) 3, Folate (µg) 42, fiber (g) 4