Spicy Mustard Stir-Fry Bites for a Crowd
- Makes: 50 servings
- Prep 25 mins
- Slow Cook 6 hrs to 7 hrs (low) or 3 to 3 1/2 hours (high)
Nonstick cooking spray
chicken, pork, or beef stir-fry strips
spicy brown mustard
flour tortillas, warmed*
red, green, and/or yellow sweet peppers, seeded and cut into thin bite-size strips
Snipped fresh cilantro and/or sliced green onions (optional)
- Lightly coat a large skillet with cooking spray. Heat skillet over medium-high; add stir-fry strips. Cook and stir until brown. Drain off fat.
- In a 3 1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker stir together the water, mustard, and fajita seasoning. Add stir-fry strips, stirring to coat.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 6 to 7 hours or on high-heat setting for 3 to 3 1/2 hours. Using a slotted spoon, transfer meat to a cutting board. Discard cooking liquid. Use two forks to pull meat apart into shreds.
- Divide meat mixture evenly among the warmed tortillas. Top each tortilla with sweet peppers and, if desired, cilantro and/or green onions. Roll up tortillas. Using a serrated knife, cut filled tortillas crosswise into bite-size pieces. If desired, secure each bite with a decorative toothpick.
- *Tip: To warm tortillas, preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Stack tortillas and wrap tightly in foil. Heat for about 10 minutes or until heated through.
(Spicy Mustard Stir-Fry Bites for a Crowd)Servings Per Recipe 50, chol. (mg) 12, sat. fat (g) 0, fiber (g) 0, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg) 0, Niacin (mg) 0, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg) 0, Folate (µg) 4, Thiamin (mg) 0, Riboflavin (mg) 0, vit. A (IU) 146, Fat, total (g) 2, carb. (g) 6, sodium (mg) 311, pro. (g) 5, vit. C (mg) 6, cal. (kcal) 60