Smoky Cheese & Potato Soup
- Makes: 4 servings
- Start to Finish 25 mins
smoked cheese (cheddar, mozzarella, or gouda), shredded
ham, finely chopped
carrot, finely chopped
refrigerated garlic mashed potatoes
Canned shoestring potatoes, fresh snipped parsley, and/or paprika (optional)
- In a bowl combine cheese and flour; set aside.
- In a Dutch oven combine the ham, carrot, curry powder, and paprika. Cook and stir over medium heat for 2 minutes. Stir in milk. Cook, uncovered, for 4 to 5 minutes, just until milk is hot but not boiling, stirring occasionally. Gradually whisk in mashed potatoes. Cook, stirring frequently, until hot and bubbly. Stir in the cheese and flour. Cook and stir for 2 minutes, just until cheese is melted.
- Ladle soup into bowls. Top with shoestring potatoes, parsley, and/or paprika.
- Pantry: flour, paprika, curry powder
- Change Up: For a vegetarian version, replace the ham with 1 cup of cooked cannellini beans, rinsed and drained well. Substitute chopped fresh chives for the parsley.
(Smoky Cheese & Potato Soup)Servings Per Recipe 4, vit. A (IU) 3353, cal. (kcal) 429, Thiamin (mg) 0, carb. (g) 22, vit. C (mg) 1, pro. (g) 25, chol. (mg) 94, Fat, total (g) 26, Riboflavin (mg) 0, Potassium (mg) 438, sodium (mg) 1059, Trans fatty acid (g) 0, sat. fat (g) 16, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg) 0, Niacin (mg) 2, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg) 1, Polyunsaturated fat (g) 1, Folate (µg) 16, Monounsaturated fat (g) 3, sugar (g) 12, iron (mg) 1, fiber (g) 2, calcium (mg) 545