Shrimp with Warm Coleslaw
- Makes: 4 to 16 servings
- Yield: 16 appetizer servings or 4 entree servings
- Prep 20 mins
- Cook 10 mins
fresh jumbo shrimp in shells
thick-cut bacon, halved
coleslaw mix (about 11 cups)
red wine vinegar
finely chopped fresh chives
- Peel and devein shrimp. Rinse shrimp; pat dry. Set aside.
- In large skillet cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Transfer bacon to paper towels; reserve drippings. Return 2 tablespoons drippings to skillet.
- Add shrimp to hot drippings; cook and stir over medium heat 4 to 5 minutes or until shrimp are opaque. Remove from skillet; keep warm.
- Add coleslaw mix to hot skillet (add 1 to 2 tablespoons additional bacon drippings if necessary; discard remaining drippings). Cook and stir over medium heat 6 minutes or until coleslaw mixture is wilted and just tender. Stir in vinegar and chives. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Divide coleslaw mixture among 16 plates. Top each with a shrimp and 1/2 slice bacon. Makes 16 appetizer servings or 4 entree servings.
- As an entree: Crumble cooked bacon and add it to coleslaw mix with the vinegar and chives. Divide mixture among 4 plates and top each with 4 shrimp.
(Shrimp with Warm Coleslaw)Servings Per Recipe 4, Potassium (mg) 228, sugar (g) 6, sodium (mg) 589, fiber (g) 4, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg) 1, Folate (µg) 4, Polyunsaturated fat (g) 1, Monounsaturated fat (g) 2, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg) 0, sat. fat (g) 2, Niacin (mg) 3, chol. (mg) 132, Riboflavin (mg) 0, Fat, total (g) 6, Thiamin (mg) 0, carb. (g) 11, vit. C (mg) 74, pro. (g) 22, vit. A (IU) 3207, iron (mg) 2, cal. (kcal) 201, vit. A (RE) 680, calcium (mg) 131