Glorious Glazed Salmon
- Makes: 4 servings
- Prep 15 mins
- Cook 5 mins
- Grill 4 mins to 6 mins per 1/2-inch thickness
As the salmon grills, the tamari sauce and balsamic vinegar glaze caramelizes on the fish, adding color and flavor to the final dish.
brown sugar or full-flavored molasses
tamari sauce or soy sauce
finely chopped fresh ginger or 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
skinless, boneless salmon fillets (6 ounces each)
- In a small saucepan, bring vinegar to boiling over medium heat. Boil gently, uncovered, for about 5 minutes or until reduced by about half.
- Stir in brown sugar and molasses, tamari or soy sauce, and ginger.
- Brush the mixture on the salmon fillets. Place fish on the rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium heat. Grill for 4 to 6 minutes per 1/2-inch thickness or until fish flakes with a fork, turning and brushing with soy mixture halfway through cooking.
- Serve the grilled fish with some rice pilaf and asparagus spears, if you like. Makes 4 servings.
(Glorious Glazed Salmon)Servings Per Recipe 4, cal. (kcal) 336, Fat, total (g) 15, pro. (g) 36, chol. (mg) 105, sodium (mg) 171, carb. (g) 11