Savory Stromboli Cups
- Makes: 6 servings
- Yield: 12 stromboli cups
- Prep 25 mins
- Bake 20 mins
- Cool At least 10 mins
Nonstick cooking spray
refrigerated pizza dough with whole grain
shredded Italian blend cheese (6 oz.)
thinly sliced reduced-sodium deli-style turkey breast, cut up
chopped green sweet pepper
chopped red onion
Pizza sauce, grated Parmesan cheese, and/or crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Generously coat twelve 3 1/4-inch or 2 1/2-inch muffin cups with cooking spray
- On a lightly floured surface, roll pizza dough into a 12x10-inch rectangle. Spread 1/2 cup pizza sauce over the dough. Sprinkle with 1 cup of the cheese, the turkey, sweet pepper, and red onion.
- Starting from a long side, roll up dough. Pinch to seal seams. Using a serrated knife, slice roll into 12 equal pieces. Place pieces, cut sides up, in prepared muffin cups.
- Bake about 20 minutes or until golden and cheese is melted. Cool in muffin cups on a wire rack at least 10 minutes. Remove stromboli cups from muffin cups. If desired, serve with additional pizza sauce, Parmesan, and/or crushed red pepper.
- Shortcut Refrigerated pizza dough is the time saver. Look for it in tubes or bagged in the deli section of some markets.
(Savory Stromboli Cups)Servings Per Recipe 6, chol. (mg) 35, Thiamin (mg) 0, sat. fat (g) 5, cal. (kcal) 332, vit. A (IU) 409, iron (mg) 2, Fat, total (g) 12, vit. C (mg) 18, sugar (g) 5, Potassium (mg) 126, pro. (g) 19, calcium (mg) 216, Trans fatty acid (g) 0, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg) 0, sodium (mg) 845, fiber (g) 3, Monounsaturated fat (g) 0, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg) 0, Polyunsaturated fat (g) 0, Folate (µg) 6, Riboflavin (mg) 0, carb. (g) 36, Niacin (mg) 0