Sausage and Tortellini Soup
- Makes: 10 to 12 servings
- Prep 10 mins
- Cook 15 mins
- Cook 8 hrs to 10 hrs (low) or 4 to 5 hours (high)
For a traditional Italian trattoria presentation, purchase a wedge of Parmesan cheese and use a vegetable peeler to cut wide shavings of cheese to garnish the soup.
14 1/2 -
Italian-style stewed tomatoes
loose-pack frozen cut green beans or Italian-style green beans
10 1/2 -
condensed French onion soup
fully cooked smoked turkey sausage, halved lengthwise and cut into 1/2-inch slices
packaged shredded cabbage with carrot (coleslaw mix)
refrigerated cheese-filled tortellini
Shaved or shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a 4- or 5-quart slow cooker combine undrained tomatoes, water, frozen green beans, onion soup, and turkey sausage.
- Cover; cook on low-heat setting for 8 to 10 hours or on high-heat setting for 4 to 5 hours.
- If using low-heat setting, turn slow cooker to high-heat setting. Stir cabbage and tortellini into soup. Cover; cook for 15 minutes more. Garnish soup with shavings of Parmesan cheese or shredded Parmesan cheese. Makes 10 to 12 servings.
- For Easy Cleanup: Line your slow cooker with a disposable slow cooker liner. Add ingredients as directed in recipe. Once your dish is finished cooking, spoon the food out of your slow cooker and simply dispose of the liner. Do not lift or transport the disposable liner with food inside.
(Sausage and Tortellini Soup)Servings Per Recipe 10, chol. (mg) 28, vit. C (mg) 8, sat. fat (g) 1, Thiamin (mg) 0, carb. (g) 23, Riboflavin (mg) 0, Fat, total (g) 5, Niacin (mg) 1, Monounsaturated fat (g) 1, calcium (mg) 91, iron (mg) 2, sodium (mg) 717, Polyunsaturated fat (g) 1, Potassium (mg) 162, fiber (g) 2, cal. (kcal) 176, Folate (µg) 12, sugar (g) 7, pro. (g) 9, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg) 0, vit. A (IU) 972, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg) 0