Pulled Pork Sandwiches with Tangy Curry-Tomato Chutney
- Makes: 8 servings
- Prep 15 mins
- Marinate 8 hrs to 24 hrs
- Cook 8 hrs to 10 hrs on low-heat setting or 4 to 5 hours on high-heat setting
A tangy chutney tops the shredded pork in these dinner sandwiches. The pork mixture is made in the slow cooker.
dried oregano, crushed
kosher or sea salt or 1/8 teaspoon salt
ground white pepper or black pepper
3 -3 1/2
boneless pork shoulder
small cocktail buns, split and toasted
Tangy Curry-Tomato Chutney (see Recipe Center)
Leaf lettuce (optional)
- For dry rub: In a large plastic storage bag, combine chili powder, paprika, oregano, curry powder, onion powder, salt, and white pepper.
- Trim from meat. Place meat in plastic storage bag. Seal bag and shake so the dry rub completely coats the meat, gently pressing bag, and dry rub against meat. Marinate in the refrigerator for 8 hours or overnight.
- Place the 1 cup water in a 3-1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker. Transfer meat to slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 8 to 10 hours or on high-heat setting for 4 to 5 hours.
- Remove meat from cooker to a cutting board, discarding juices. Use two forks to gently separate the meat into long, thin shreds, or strands. Return pork to slow cooker. Stir in 1 cup of the Tangy Curry-Tomato Chutney until combined. Keep warm in cooker on low-heat setting up to 2 hours or until serving time.
- To serve, top rolls with meat and, if you like, leaf lettuce. Arrange on a serving platter. Serve with remaining Tangy Curry-Tomato Chutney.
(Pulled Pork Sandwiches with Tangy Curry-Tomato Chutney)Servings Per Recipe 8, cal. (kcal) 236, calcium (mg) 61, sodium (mg) 227, vit. A (IU) 486, fiber (g) 2, vit. C (mg) 15, iron (mg) 2, sat. fat (g) 2, Fat, total (g) 7, chol. (mg) 57, pro. (g) 19, carb. (g) 23