Wild Rice-Chicken Salad
- Makes: 6 to 8 servings
- Prep 50 mins
- Chill 2 hrs
uncooked wild rice
6 1/4 -
chicken-flavored rice pilaf
coarsely chopped, cooked chicken (about 1-1/2 pounds)
red sweet pepper, cut into thin, bite-size strips (about 1 cup)
snow peas, ends and strings removed and cut into julienne strips
bottled lemon-pepper salad dressing or vinaigrette salad dressing
bottled French salad dressing
green onions (about 10 total), cut into thin strips
Snow peas (optional)
- Rinse wild rice well. In a large saucepan, bring water to boiling. Add wild rice and simmer, covered, 40 minutes or until most of the water is absorbed and rice is tender. Drain, if necessary.
- Cook rice pilaf according to the package directions.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the wild rice, rice pilaf, chicken, red sweet pepper, and the 8 ounces snow peas.
- In a small bowl, stir together dressings and black pepper. Pour over rice mixture. Stir gently to mix. Cover and chill for at least 2 hours or up to 24 hours.
- To serve, arrange onions around the edge of chilled salad plates. Spoon rice mixture into center. If you like, garnish each plate with additional snow peas. Makes 6 to 8 main-dish servings.
- For curled green onions, place the strips of green onions in ice water for 20 minutes; drain well.
(Wild Rice-Chicken Salad)Servings Per Recipe 6, carb. (g) 48, Fat, total (g) 28, chol. (mg) 81, sodium (mg) 979, cal. (kcal) 530