Smoked Salmon Potato Salad
- Makes: 4 servings
- Start to Finish 30 mins
The smoky taste of the salmon adds boldness to this main-dish potato and sweet pepper salad.
tiny new potatoes (about 1 pound), quartered
Walnut Vinaigrette (see recipe below)
smoked salmon, trout, or whitefish
medium yellow sweet pepper, cut into thin, bite-size strips
purchased torn romaine hearts or 4 cups torn romaine
coarsely chopped walnuts, toasted
- In a covered saucepan, cook potatoes in boiling salted water for 12 to 15 minutes or until just tender; drain well. Meanwhile, prepare the Walnut Vinaigrette.
- Remove skin and bones from smoked salmon. Coarsely flake; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine drained potatoes and sweet pepper strips. Pour half of the Walnut Vinaigrette over the potato mixture. Toss lightly to coat.
- To serve, arrange romaine on 4 dinner plates. Top with radicchio and potato mixture on top of the romaine. Sprinkle with walnuts. Arrange salmon on top. Drizzle with remaining Walnut Vinaigrette. Serve immediately. makes 4 main-dish servings.
walnut oil or olive oil
white wine vinegar
shallot, finely chopped
fresh chives, snipped
coarse-grain brown mustard
sea salt or salt
bottled hot pepper sauce
- In a screw-top jar combine walnut oil, white wine vinegar, shallot, water, sugar, chives, brown mustard, sea salt, and hot pepper sauce. Cover and shake well. Serve immediately or cover and store in refrigerator up to 1 week. Shake just before serving. Makes about 1-1/4 cups.
(Smoked Salmon Potato Salad)Servings Per Recipe 4, pro. (g) 17, carb. (g) 29, sodium (mg) 622, fiber (g) 4, cal. (kcal) 536, vit. A (IU) 1118, vit. C (mg) 111, Fat, total (g) 40, calcium (mg) 71, iron (mg) 3, chol. (mg) 13