Citrus Tuna Pasta Salad
- Makes: 8 servings
- Prep 30 mins
- Chill 4 hrs to 24 hrs
This pasta salad recipe is a fiver-rich complete meal, with vegetables, tuna, and cheese.
frozen artichoke hearts, thawed
9 1/4 -
chunk white tuna (water packed), drained and broken into chunks
sliced fresh mushrooms
chopped yellow sweet peppers
sliced, pitted ripe olives
recipe Lemon Dressing (see recipe below)
cherry tomatoes, halved
finely shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta in a Dutch oven according to package directions, adding the artichoke hearts the last 5 minutes of cooking; drain. Rinse with cold water; drain again. Halve any large artichoke hearts.
- Transfer pasta and artichoke hearts to a very large bowl. Gently stir in tuna, mushrooms, sweet peppers, and olives.
- Pour Lemon Dressing over pasta mixture; toss to coat. Cover and chill for 4 to 24 hours. Before serving, gently stir in tomatoes and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Makes 8 servings.
- For 4 Servings: Prepare using method above, except cook pasta and artichoke hearts in a large saucepan. Stir salad together in a large bowl.
- To Tote: Transport salad, tomatoes, and Parmesan cheese in an insulated cooler with ice packs.
finely shredded lemon peel
rice vinegar or white wine vinegar
snipped fresh thyme or basil or 2 teaspoons dried thyme or basil, crushed
cloves garlic, minced
- In a small bowl whisk together lemon peel, lemon juice, rice vinegar, salad oil, snipped fresh thyme, sugar, black pepper, and garlic. Makes about 3/4 cup.
(Citrus Tuna Pasta Salad)Servings Per Recipe 8, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg) 1, sodium (mg) 407, pro. (g) 25, fiber (g) 6, Potassium (mg) 466, sugar (g) 4, Riboflavin (mg) 0, Monosaturated fat (g) 2, Niacin (mg) 8, Polyunsaturated fat (g) 1, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg) 0, chol. (mg) 31, sat. fat (g) 2, Folate (µg) 89, cal. (kcal) 394, vit. A (IU) 534, Fat, total (g) 12, carb. (g) 45, Thiamin (mg) 0, vit. C (mg) 1, iron (mg) 3, calcium (mg) 101