Asian-Style Chicken Salad
- Makes: 8 servings
- Chill 2 hrs to 24 hrs
- Cook 2 mins to 3 mins
Curly noodles, almonds, sesame kernels and rice vinegar blend in this crunchy, tangy salad from a West Des Moines, Iowa, reader.
chicken-flavored ramen noodles
finely chopped cooked chicken (3 whole medium chicken breasts)
medium head of cabbage, shredded (4 cups)
toasted sliced almonds
small onion, chopped (1/3 cup)
toasted sesame seeds
- In a small bowl, whisk together salad oil, rice vinegar, sugar, pepper and contents of seasoning packets from noodles. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan, bring a large amount of water to boiling. Add the noodles and cook for 2 to 3 minutes or till just tender. Drain and transfer to a large bowl. Pour 1/4 cup of the oil-and-vinegar mixture over ramen noodles and toss to coat.
- Add the chicken, cabbage, sliced almonds, chopped onion and sesame seeds to noodle mixture and mix well.
- Pour the remaining oil-and-vinegar mixture over the salad. Toss to combine. Cover and chill for 2 to 24 hours. Makes 8 servings.
- Nutrition Note: Reduce the calories and fat in this salad by using half as much oil in the dressing and fewer sesame seeds.
(Asian-Style Chicken Salad)Servings Per Recipe 8, iron (mg) 2, vit. A (IU) 97, pro. (g) 26, calcium (mg) 71, cal. (kcal) 611, Fat, total (g) 46, vit. C (mg) 12, carb. (g) 25, fiber (g) 3, sodium (mg) 449, sat. fat (g) 6, chol. (mg) 66