Root Beer Float Cupcakes
- Makes: 22 to 24 servings
- Prep 40 mins
- Bake 12 mins to 15 mins
- Cool 1 hr
- Chill 30 mins to 3 days
These soda-shop-cute cupcakes are inspired by the whimsical treats served at Designer Desserts Bakery in Valparaiso, Indiana.
package 2-layer-size yellow cake mix
root beer flavoring
root beer flavoring
rich and creamy buttercream frosting
root beer-flavor hard candy barrels
Root Beer Frosting
- Line twenty-two to twenty-four 2 1/2-inch muffin cups with paper bake cups; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cake mix, eggs, root beer, oil and the 4 1/2 teaspoons root beer flavoring. Beat with an electric mixer on low speed until combined. Beat on medium to high speed for 2 minutes more (batter will be thick).
- Divide batter among prepared muffin cups, filling cups two-thirds to three-fourths full with batter.
- Bake in a 350 degrees oven for 12 to 15 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean and tops spring back when lightly touched. Cool cupcakes in muffin cups on wire racks for 5 minutes. Remove cupcakes from muffin cups. Cool completely on wire racks.
- For Root Beer Frosting: Stir the 2 teaspoons root beer flavoring into the frosting until well combined.
- To make frosting look like ice cream, chill to firm slightly, then scoop a small amount onto each cupcake. Chill for at least 30 minutes before serving. (At this point, cupcakes can be stored up to 3 days in a chilled airtight container.)
- Just before serving, top each cupcake with a root beer-flavor candy or crush candies and sprinkle over cupcakes. Cut straws in half; discard bottom (straight) halves. Garnish cupcakes with a bent straw half.
(Root Beer Float Cupcakes)Servings Per Recipe 22, Polyunsaturated fat (g) 3, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg) 0, calcium (mg) 40, iron (mg) 0, sugar (g) 17, cal. (kcal) 246, Mark as Free Exchange () 0, Potassium (mg) 29, Trans fatty acid (g) 1, vit. A (IU) 49, pro. (g) 2, Thiamin (mg) 0, carb. (g) 40, Fat, total (g) 9, Riboflavin (mg) 0, chol. (mg) 26, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg) 0, sat. fat (g) 2, Folate (µg) 4, Monounsaturated fat (g) 2, sodium (mg) 203, Niacin (mg) 0, vit. C (mg) 0, fiber (g) 0