- Makes: 24 servings
- Yield: 24 rolls
- Rise 1 hr
- Bake 18 mins to 20 mins
Warm and golden from the oven, these classic dinner rolls go with any main dish, soup or stew.
butter or margarine
active dry yeast
warm water (105 degree F to 115 degree F)
Butter or margarine, melted
- In a medium saucepan, heat milk, sugar, 1/3 cup butter and salt until butter almost melts. Remove the saucepan from heat. Cool to lukewarm (105 degree F to 115 degree F).
- In a small bowl dissolve the yeast in the warm water. Let stand until bubbly.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine 3 cups of the flour and milk mixture with electric mixer on low speed. Add yeast and beat 3 minutes. Beat in the eggs.
- Stir in as much remaining flour as you can with a wooden spoon. Turn out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead in enough of the remaining flour to form a moderately soft dough thats smooth and elastic (3 to 5 minutes total).
- Place in a greased bowl; turn once to grease surface. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled (about 1 hour).
- Punch dough down. Turn out onto lightly floured surface. Divide in half. Cover; let rest 10 minutes. Divide into 24 portions and shape into rolls.
- Place on lightly greased baking sheets. Or place in 2 lightly greased 13x9x2-inch baking pans. Cover and let rise until nearly doubled (30 minutes).
- Bake in a 375 degree F oven for 18 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Transfer to wire rack to cool. Brush with melted butter while warm.
(Best-Ever Rolls)Servings Per Recipe 24, sodium (mg) 250, fiber (g) 1, Fat, total (g) 5, chol. (mg) 38, carb. (g) 35, pro. (g) 6, cal. (kcal) 209