Red Wine Braised Chicken
- Prep 15 mins
- Slow Cook on HIGH for 6 hours or LOW for 8 hours
Fifteen minutes of prep time is all you need for this rich, but simple recipe!
large onion, chopped
bone-in skinless chicken thighs
packet (1.3 oz)
McCormick slow cookers red wine braised roast seasoning mix
small peeled baby carrots, halved
white button mushrooms, quartered
bag (14.4 oz)
frozen pearl onions, thawed
dry red wine
flat-leaf parsley, chopped
Mashed potatoes and green peas (optional)
- Coat slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place chopped onion in slow cooker; season chicken with seasoning mix and place on top of onion. Add carrots, mushrooms and pearl onions. Pour red wine and 1/2 cup water over top.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 6 hours or LOW for 8 hours.
- Stir in parsley and serve with mashed potatoes and peas, if desired.
- For easy cleanup: Line your slow cooker with a disposable slow cooker liner. Add ingredients as directed in recipe. Once your dish is finished cooking, spoon the food out of your slow cooker and simply dispose of the liner. Do not lift or transport the disposable liner with food inside.
(Red Wine Braised Chicken)cal. (kcal) 343, sodium (mg) 832, pro. (g) 47, fiber (g) 3, carb. (g) 12, sat. fat (g) 2, chol. (mg) 188, Fat, total (g) 9