- Makes: 8 servings
- Prep 20 mins
- Cool 1 hr
- Bake 1 hr
- Cook 3 mins
An airy Pavlova cradles fresh raspberries and a simple raspberry sauce.
cream of tartar
Fresh mint and whipped cream (optional)
- Heat oven to 250 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Draw a 7-inch circle on the parchment; flip paper. (For a crunchier Pavlova, opt for an 8-inch circle.)
- In a small bowl, combine 3/4 cup of the sugar, the cornstarch and salt; set aside. Beat egg whites and cream of tartar on medium speed until soft peaks form, about 2 minutes. Increase speed to high; add sugar mixture 1 tablespoon at a time. Add vanilla and beat until mixture is glossy and sugar is incorporated, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer egg-sugar mixture to parchment paper. Carefully spread within the circle, creating a slight dip in the middle (where raspberry sauce will rest). Bake at 250 degrees on middle rack for 1 hour. Turn off oven, crack door and cool inside for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, make raspberry sauce. In a small pot, combine 1 cup of the raspberries, remaining 1/4 cup sugar and 1 tablespoon water over medium heat. Bring to a simmer and cook 3 minutes, until sugar is dissolved. Stir in remaining 1 cup raspberries and pour into bowl to cool.
- Transfer Pavlova to a plate; pour raspberry sauce on top and, if desired, garnish with mint. Whipped cream can also be spread on the Pavlova before sauce is poured on top.
(Raspberry Pavlova)Servings Per Recipe 8, sat. fat (g) 0, chol. (mg) 0, Fat, total (g) 0, cal. (kcal) 116, fiber (g) 2, carb. (g) 28, pro. (g) 2, sodium (mg) 58