Easy Banana Nut Bread
- Yield: 2 loaves (32 servings)
- Bake 45 mins to 50 mins
packed light brown sugar
mashed ripe banana
chopped walnuts, toasted
- In a large mixing bowl, combine 1 cup of self-rising flour* and brown sugar. Add banana, butter and milk. Beat with electric mixer on low speed till combined. Beat on high 2 minutes.
- Add eggs and the remaining flour. Beat till blended. Stir in walnuts.
- Pour into two greased 8x4x2-inch loaf pans. Bake in a 350 degree F oven 45 to 50 minutes or till a toothpick inserted near centers comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes. Remove; cool on wire racks. Wrap and store overnight for easier slicing. Makes 2 loaves (32 servings).
- To substitute all-purpose flour for the self-rising flour, use 2 cups all-purpose flour, 2 teaspoons baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon baking soda and 1/4 teaspoon salt in place of the 2 cups self-rising flour.
(Easy Banana Nut Bread)sodium (mg) 529, cal. (kcal) 239, fiber (g) 1, chol. (mg) 81, Fat, total (g) 11, carb. (g) 27, pro. (g) 8