Cheddar-Basil Mini Scones
- Yield: 16 scones
- Prep 25 mins
- Bake 12 mins to 14 mins
shredded cheddar cheese (6 ounces)
snipped fresh basil
whipping cream, half-and-half or light cream
egg, lightly beaten
Whipping cream, half-and-half or light cream
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Add shredded cheddar and basil; stir to combine.
- In a small bowl, combine 1-1/2 cups cream and egg. Add to flour mixture, stirring until moistened. Turn out onto a well- floured surface; knead gently for 10 to 12 strokes.
- Divide dough in half; shape into two balls. Pat or roll each into a 6-inch circle. Cut each into 8 wedges. Place onto ungreased baking sheet. Brush tops with additional cream.
- Bake in a 450 degree F oven for 12 to 14 minutes or until golden. Remove from baking sheet; serve warm. Makes 16 scones.
- Place any leftover scones in a freezer container. Freeze up to 1 month. To reheat, wrap scones in foil and heat in a 350 degree F oven about 25 minutes or until heated through.
(Cheddar-Basil Mini Scones)vit. A (IU) 534, iron (mg) 1, Thiamin (mg) 0, calcium (mg) 162, vit. C (mg) 1, Potassium (mg) 63, fiber (g) 1, Polyunsaturated fat (g) 1, sodium (mg) 221, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg) 0, sugar (g) 2, Folate (µg) 48, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg) 0, Niacin (mg) 1, Riboflavin (mg) 0, Monosaturated fat (g) 4, sat. fat (g) 8, chol. (mg) 56, cal. (kcal) 220, pro. (g) 6, carb. (g) 21, Fat, total (g) 13