Almond-Cranberry Bread with White Chocolate Glaze
- Makes: 12 servings
- Yield: 1 loaf (12 slices)
- Prep 35 mins
- Cool 10 mins
- Bake 1 hr
fresh or frozen cranberries
1 -1 1/2
chopped almonds, toasted if you like
white baking pieces
French vanilla liquid coffee creamer
White Chocolate Glaze:
- Rinse cranberries in cold water; drain. Grease bottom and 1/2 inch up the sides of one 9x5x3-inch loaf pan. Line bottom of pan with waxed paper; grease. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Make a well in center of flour mixture; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine eggs, buttermilk, melted butter and almond extract. Add egg mixture all at once to flour mixture. Stir just until moistened (batter should be lumpy). Fold in cranberries and the chopped almonds. Spoon batter into prepared pan, spreading evenly.
- Bake in a 325 degree F oven about 75 minutes or until a wooden skewer inserted near center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove from pan. Cool completely on wire rack. Wrap and store overnight before slicing.
- Before serving, unwrap bread. Drizzle with White Chocolate Glaze and sprinkle with additional toasted almonds. Makes 1 loaf (12 slices).
- White Chocolate Glaze: In a small, microwave-safe bowl, microwave white baking pieces on 50 percent power (medium) for 1-1/2 to 2 minutes or until melted and smooth, stirring once or twice. Stir in powdered sugar and French vanilla liquid coffee creamer. If necessary, stir in additional coffee creamer, 1 teaspoon at a time, until glaze reaches drizzling consistency. Makes 1/4 cup.
- Wisconsins Cranberry Harvest Wisconsin Rapids, WI
- Recipe Contributor: Susan Nekich, Milwaukee, WI
- Winning Recipe from the 2009 Wisconsin State Fair Creative Cranberry Cooking Contest
- Wisconsin State Cranberry Growers Association
- Tom Lochner, Executive Director
- P.O. Box 365
- Wisconsin Rapids, WI 55495
- Fax: 715-423-0275
(Almond-Cranberry Bread with White Chocolate Glaze)Servings Per Recipe 12, carb. (g) 46, Polyunsaturated fat (g) 1, pro. (g) 6, fiber (g) 2, chol. (mg) 50, sat. fat (g) 5, Fat, total (g) 11, Monosaturated fat (g) 4, vit. A (IU) 194, vit. C (mg) 2, sugar (g) 24, Trans fatty acid (g) 0, Thiamin (mg) 0, Riboflavin (mg) 0, Potassium (mg) 133, sodium (mg) 234, iron (mg) 2, calcium (mg) 71, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg) 0, Folate (µg) 56, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg) 0, Niacin (mg) 2, cal. (kcal) 307