Triple-Berry Cinnamon Bread Pudding
- Makes: 6 servings
- Prep 30 mins
- Cool 30 mins
strawberries, stemmed and sliced 1/4 inch thick
dash of salt
cinnamon bread or raisin bread
Fresh strawberries, blueberries and blackberries (optional)
frozen light whipped dessert topping, thawed (optional)
- In a large skillet, combine strawberries and sugar. Cook over medium heat for about 5 minutes or till sugar dissolves. Add blackberries and blueberries. Cook about 5 minutes or till they just release their juices, but still hold their shape. (The mixture will look like a thick soup.)
- Remove from the heat and let stand till cool. Stir in lemon juice and salt.
- Line six 1/2-cup baking dishes or 6-ounce custard cups with plastic wrap. Cut a circle from each bread slice to fit into dish (18 circles in all).
- Spoon 2 tablespoons of the berry mixture into each dish. Place a bread layer atop berry mixture. Repeat layers 2 more times. Spoon 2 tablespoons additional berry mixture atop the last layer of bread.
- Arrange baking dishes in a shallow baking pan and cover with plastic wrap. Place a board large enough to cover them all on top. Weight board with something heavy. Chill overnight.
(Triple-Berry Cinnamon Bread Pudding)Servings Per Recipe 6, sodium (mg) 446, cal. (kcal) 443, pro. (g) 8, fiber (g) 7, carb. (g) 91, chol. (mg) 1, Fat, total (g) 6